|Source Mod||Thermal Expansion|
A machine which uses BuildCraft energy (Minecraft Joules) or ThermalExpansion Energy (RedstoneFlux) to melt things into liquid, such as enderpearls, redstone, glowstone. This Thermal Expansion machine typically uses quite a bit of energy. It mainly serves to make lava an abundant resource. It uses up to 30 MJ/t.
Since magmatic engines convert 1000mB to 17900MJ, continuous energy production can only be sustained with Netherrack, converting 1 netherrack to 5900MJ.
|Input||Output||Quantity (mB)||Cost (MJ)|
|Ender Pearl||Molten Ender||250||2400|
Notes: before TE v2.0.7 (FTB BETA A pack uses 2.0.5) the Redstone recipe was 1000 MJ for 50mB; with that version is was changed to 1500 MJ per 50 mB; the recipe shown is from v2.1.5 onwards. Molten Ender was added in TE v2.2.0
- The left side of the interface indicates power storage.
- Redstone Flux can now be used to power the Magma Crucible, and is used in the lower left slot
- The center-left slot is for the input item for cooking. Traditionally placing a bucket in this slot would also extract a bucketful of liquid, but this no longer is the case.
- The center-right shows the cooking progress on the current item. This process is faster when more energy is provided to the crucible.
- The right side shows output storage. Up to 10,000 milliBuckets (10 buckets) can be stored in the crucible itself before it needs to be emptied to make room for more.